- Permanent, part-time
- 30 hours per week, term-time only. 8.15am to 3.15pm with an hour for lunch
- £18,065 pro rata
As a result of an exciting restructure to strengthen our provision for vulnerable pupils, there are going to be a number of new roles at the Roselands and Stafford Federation.
We are seeking to appoint a team of resilient, robust and positive individuals to join our fantastic team across the Federation as a Individual Needs Assistants providing SEND support.
The role involves working with individuals and small groups of children with SEND.
With these roles, we plan to move away from a model of predominantly 1-2-1 support which can negatively impact on pupils’ independence. Pupils with SEND are likely to move from Roselands to Stafford, and because expertise will be developed these roles will require staff who are flexible about working at either site.
These pupils may have complex needs that must be carefully managed, and experience of working with these kinds of learners would be desirable.
Ideal candidates will:
- demonstrate an ability to be flexible in their approach;
- be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly;
- be prepared to use a range of strategies for coping with sometimes challenging situations;
- guide the pupils’ learning towards independence;
- be committed to our aim for everyone to be the best they can be;
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The work can be challenging and complex at times, but is also highly rewarding and the successful candidates would be supported by the SENCO as well as other members of the Inclusion Team.
Informal visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Please send your application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications made by C.V. will not be accepted.
Closing date for this post will be: 16th September 2019
Interviews will be held on: 20th and 23rd September 2019